For performing administrative and professional activities from the County’s self-government scope and transferred tasks of State Administration and local self-government, the following administrative bodies were established:
- The office of county prefect,
- Administrative department for business affairs of the County Assembly and legal affairs,
- Administrative department for finance, budget and public procurement,
- Administrative department for economy, utility services and agriculture,
- Administrative department for spatial planning, construction, environmental protection and nature conservation,
- Administrative department for health care and social services,
- Administrative department for education, culture, science, sports and national minorities,
- Internal audit department.
Within their scope of obligations administrative bodies perform administrative and professional tasks from the County’s self-government scope, as follows:
- prepare drafts of general acts and individual acts passed by the County Assembly of the Koprivnica Križevci County (hereinafter: County Assembly),
- prepare drafts of individual acts passed by the prefect of the Koprivnica Križevci County (hereinafter: county),
- implement and apply general and individual acts of County bodies,
- organize and directly implement and supervise the execution of general and individual acts of the County Assembly in accordance with the jurisdiction of the County administrative body by passing individual acts on rights, obligations and legal interests of natural persons and legal entities, all in accordance with individual regulations,
- monitor the situation in areas for which they were established and propose measures to improve the situation,
- participate in establishing, implementing and developing financial management and control,
- participate in drafting strategic, tactical, operative respective other planning documents as well as in monitoring their implementation and in reporting on their implementation,
- draft development programs, analyses and other expert groundwork for boosting the development of the County,
- decide on rights and obligations of citizens and other persons, in accordance with provisions of the law,
- take measures for successful management of the County’s assets and rights, in accordance with regulations,
- provide professional assistance to the chairman and members of the County Assembly, as well as the members of the Croatian Parliament that are coming from the County area, in performing tasks from their scope of responsibility,
- cooperate with municipalities and cities in the County area in aligning their interests and standpoints on mutual issues important for a sustained development of municipalities and cities as well as the County as a whole,
- draft proposals and take necessary measures for the functioning of public institutions established by the County, as well as companies in which the County has stakes or shares,
- enhance cooperation of County administrative bodies with citizens and institutions of civil society with the goal of better exercising their rights, assuming obligations and their overall operating,
- take care of organizing the work of County bodies,
- perform other activities and tasks as well, with the goal of exercising County functions, all in accordance with regulations.
Administrative bodies also perform activities transferred to the County by the State Administration in accordance with individual regulations.
Administrative bodies can also perform activities which, in accordance with special regulations, fall within the self-government scope of a municipality or city, in case there is a mutual agreement regarding the same and a decision of the representative body of the municipality of the city on transferring these activities to the County, and in accordance with the Statute of the County and municipality or city.
Administrative bodies are responsible to the prefect and the County Assembly for the legal and professional foundation of the submitted proposals and performed activities as well as the timely execution of tasks from their scope of responsibilities.