Administrative department for health care and social services
Head: Željka Koluder Vlahinja, dipl. soc. rad.
Registered office: Antuna Nemčića 5, 48000 Koprivnica (I floor, courtyard, room 33)
Tel: 048 658-225
Fax: 048 658-226
The Administrative department for health care and social services performs activities from the field of health care, social care and citizen associations from these fields.
Activities of this administrative body especially refer to:
- preparing professional opinions regarding proposals of laws and other regulations from health care and social services, decided by governmental bodies but of interest for the County,
- monitoring business operations of public institutions from the field of health care and the field of social care, in which the County has ownership rights, and proposing measures with the goal of improving the performance of their business operations and preparing reports on their work for competent bodies,
- performing financial-administrative activities related to the use of funds for the decentralised financing of public institutions from paragraph 2 point 2 of this article,
- proposing programs and measures for achieving a higher standard of health care and social care for citizens on the County area,
- aligning the structure of social care activities within the scope of the County,
- performing activities related to the work of the coroner service respectively overviews of persons deceased outside medical institutions,
- solving administrative issues in the first-instance from the field of social care, in accordance with special regulations,
- solving administrative issues in the second-instance regarding appeals related to administrative acts of bodies of cities and municipalities from the field of social care,
- implementing appropriate procedures of issuing concessions for performing public health care, in accordance with special regulations,
- performing activities in supervising the work of concessionaries in public health care services, entering concession agreements in the registry, preparing statutory reports on their work, analysing financial results of concessionaries and submitting the same to the competent state and county bodies,
- coordinating the implementation of plans of health promotion, prevention and early detection of diseases,
- keeping record on legal entities that are performing social care activities, except health care institutions,
- performing preparatory activities related to establishing a social welfare centre, a centre for help and nursing care and for providing services of a therapy community for drug addicts and occasional drug users without establishing a social welfare centre, which are established by the County,
- coordinating the implementation of community-based social welfare services provided by associations,
- other activities in accordance with legislation and subordinate legislation.